Window and Door Conversions and Replacement
Tired old windows and doors are not only frustrating to open, but they also de-value your home.
Problems with Old Windows
Timber windows require constant maintenance:
- Putty cracks and falls out
- Paint peels
- Wood rots
- Hardware corrodes.
Aluminium windows and doors in older homes are now 40+ years old. Problems include:
- Damaged tracks and rollers – difficult to slide
- Perished seals which leak and look unsightly
- Almost impossible to change old fashioned colours such as Mission Brown.
The most economical solution is to replace your old windows and doors with our range of Carinya Residential Windows and Doors. They will make a huge difference to the look and function of your home.
Carinya Residential Windows and Doors:
- Modern range of colours including the Colorbond range
- Select a glass type to suit your needs – security, noise reduction, energy efficiency
- Double Glazing option
- Built-in window locks
- Integrated security screens and doors – Invisi-Gard™ and Alu-Gard™
We also offer specialty products including:
- Double Hung windows
- Awning Windows
- Stacking Sliding Doors
- Bi-Fold Doors
- Hinged Door
Frequently Asked Questions
How are Windows replaced?
With old aluminium windows, the sashes and “bricked in” sub-frames are generally removed – “back to brick”. The new windows are then “angle trim fixed” similar to Commercial Shopfront windows.
Many timber windows double as structural support for brickwork above and roofs. In such instances only the sashes may be removed. We endeavor to cover all old timber frames with angle trims wherever possible.
Can the existing wall opening size be changed?
Generally this requires structural work and involves other trades such as carpenters, plasterers and bricklayers. We do not do this work however we will install a new window or door to the new prepared opening.
We can provide you with a Free Quote via one of our easy methods – Site Measure & Quote, or our new 48 hour E-Quote.